Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mushroom Queen



Okay here is a mixed media canvas I did tonight. It's my first real completed collage on canvas. Well, one that came out decent anyway. ( Don't get me started on my Katherine Howard one).

Anyhoo, I'm going to do three of these little 11x14 canvases. Each with a different character. This is the first.

Images are from my personal stash of magazine cutouts and papers from K&C company.

I like this girl, but something is missing I think. I'll work on the other two tonight, and hopefully it will come to me, what to do to make it better.

It's not as busy as I usually do, so maybe that's it. Then again, maybe less is more?

If they turn out okay, I might continue with this idea. I really like this size canvas too, it's so easy to work with.

I'm also working on a large piece right now, that was supposed to be entered in a couple of last week's challenges, but it's not coming together and it's driving me crazy. The size is very awkward for doing collage, at least for me it is. I'm used to my art journal which is a tiny bit smaller than this canvas. I guess it just takes practice, practice, practice.

Okay, back to the studio today, hopefully I'll get something accomplished!

No comments: