Thursday, September 11, 2008

Life is a Canvas


I almost don't have words for this. I can't decide if I like it or not. For some reason it's my husband's favorite piece so far, but I'm still trying to warm up to it.

Some aspects I really like. I like the house a lot. I really personalized it by coloring it and adding flowers etc. The hat is my favorite. :) Overall I think it came out pretty cute.

I also like the "It's a Small World- esque" doll/lady. I saw the dress in a magazine and knew I had to cut it out and use it somehow. Of course I cut off the original head, and added my own as it just seemed to fit the theme better.

I think the main problem I have with it, is all the primary colors. Reminds me of preschool. I never did like that look for some reason.

I was kind of spoilt for choice though, because I already had the dark blue background, and that was the only one I had ready that the red dress worked on. I guess I was a little impatient. :)

I'm a very color oriented person, but my colors tend to gravitate more towards pinks, oranges, reds, yellows and purples. I guess the blue threw me off. I probably will not do another background in that color. Next time I'll go for baby blue or turquoise instead.

Overlooking the color issue, the page is fun. The dolls and the house remind me of Disneyland, and I like how it's so busy. That is the main reason I chose to use the Danny Kaye quote even though it didn't really fit.

Somehow the words, "Life is A Great Big Canvas, Throw All The Paint on it You Can", just seemed so appropriate for this page don't ya think?

No comments: