Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lounge Lizard

Okay working backwards, this is the first 3x3 canvas I did. By the way, all these inchie pictures are from Itkupilli.

As you can see this is a lot more simple than the others. It also seems kinda of clumsy, but hey it's my first time working so small, so I'm giving myself a bit of a break. :)

I do love the colors though!

Oh yeah! I got my new Somerset Studio magazine today (can't wait to read that!) and no, my Alice in Wonderland piece didn't make it. I am bummed, but I understand. I really didn't have time to make it like I wanted.

I'm pretty sure if I was able to submit that first one it would have gone in, but unfortunately I didn't think about copyright issues until nearly the deadline, so I didn't have a whole lot of time to come up with something new. Oh well. Live and learn right? I am submitting for the Halloween piece though. Maybe I'll make it then.

Right now, I need to get off my butt, and into the studio. I spent all day yesterday and today shopping for art supplies, so I have tons of new toys to play with. Plus, I'm in desperate need of creating about 20 more pieces so my walls don't look like someone broke in and robbed us. I can't believe what a difference it makes in the atmosphere to have blank walls now that all my art is gone and living elsewhere. It's so lonely here. Time to fill it back up!

No comments: