Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm one of the crazies!!


Yeesssss!! I got the highest score on the neurotic test. Feeeeww!

And I didn't even cheat!

I have to admit, I was a little worried while taking the test. I mean what would happen if I turned out only slightly neurotic? I would have to change my blog title to Tales of a Slightly Neurotic 30 Something. Or sort of neurotic. Or worse, wanna be neurotic. This whole thought process terrifies me, so I'm extra special glad I scored so high.

Whoa. Does the last paragraph make me sound even more neurotic-y?

So the scores are in and I have to say, I'm pleased, yet somewhat surprised with the results. I scored high in anxiety and neuroticism, actually I tied on those, no surprise there, but I scored highest on akwardness. Hmmm...



Your Score: The True Neurotic!!!

You scored 68 anxiety, 85 awkwardness, and 68 neuroticism!


(I did not make the font that big. It came that way. Very enthusiastic isn't it?)

Congratulations, you are The True Neurotic, (thank goodness!!!) your nail-biting, conflict-avoiding worrier, you. (true, except for the nail biting bit). You're plagued by self-doubt and anxiety, which makes social activity hard--even though you may be well-liked, you feel under a storm of silent criticism. (It's like they can see into my brain. Wait. They can't can they? Wait... who made this test?)


It doesn't help that people give you funny looks for organizing all your pens by color or sharpening your gnawed pencils to a delicate point. (Yes but if they are color coded, you can find them so much easier. Plus it's prettier! Although, I may need to stop re-organizing my co-workers desks. Somehow, I don't think they see it as being helpful.)


Your high anxiety score implies that you are unable to relax, worry about the future often, and probably are plagued by irrational fears and self-doubt. (Uh.. Yeah! I am the queen of irrational fears. I'm sure I don't need to remind anyone of my tick phobia right?)



Your high awkwardness score implies that you are socially inept(makes me sound like a loser doesn't it?) probably stick out from the crowd, (Oh gosh I hope not. I'd rather blend in. Though come to think of it, perhaps my multicolored hair, isn't helping me achieve that goal? ) and feel uncomfortable in large groups of people, such as at parties. (Well yeah, that's because everyone is looking at ME. Again maybe I should rethink the multicolored hair. Perhaps this is why I have trouble making friends?)


Your high neuroticism score implies that you exhibit neurotic behaviors (Absolutely!!) --probably organization (True), fanatic obsessions (Also true) (can you recite the entire first LOTR movie?) ( Well maybe not the LOTR movies. Which I love btw. But I can recite certain other cinematic greats word for word, such as the Great Race and/ or any I Love Lucy show. I'm pretty proud of that accomplishment actually.), repetitive mantras, constant checking, or orderly rituals (Oh. That makes me sound OCDish).


So there you have it. Once again proof that I am a true neurotic. Just in case you had any doubt. Obviously I wouldn't want you dear readers to think I was faking it. No. That wouldn't do at all.


This way you have to believe me, because I took a genuine test. And got a high score! Without cheating!


I don't want you to feel left out, so if you feel the need to find out your personal measure of crazy, click on the link below. Don't worry if you don't score as high as I did. Not everyone can be as neurotic as I am, so don't feel bad. I'm sure your special talent is just as cool. I mean that. Really.


Plus, I'm obviously gifted in this area, so trying to compete with the master will most likely lead to disappointment.


Besides, It took years to perfect this kind of craziness!


Authors note: For those who take the test and score the same or higher than me.. we should probably talk. Really. I would love to know who my peers are in this area. Maybe we could swap phobia stories!!







Link: The Neurotic Test written by littlelostsnail on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test
View My Profile(littlelostsnail)

5 comments:

Michael C said...

You scored an 85? How awkward!! ;-)

Michele - practically perfect in every way. Sorry, I had to steal that, but it just fit! I know you know what that's from.

Now I am off to try the test.

The Rev. said...

85 on awkwardness?? Good Lord!

My neurotic confession: I use one pen and one pen alone until it literally goes dry.

Oh, and I'm also physically unable to use a pen if its cap has been taken off and affixed to its rear end. I feel like it throws my, um, writing balance off.

(sigh) Glad I finally got that off my chest!

Michele said...

Rev-Good lord is right. I had no idea I was that awkward.

I hear you on the pen thing. I myself can not use a pen without it's cap on the other end. I just can't write properly, and it bugs me to no end if there isn't a cap. I will hunt one down, before I use the pen. Yes my co-workers make fun of me.. :)

Michael-Love the reference! Of course, it's 100% true... :)

The Rev. said...

It drives me nuts!. Also drives the people at the bank nuts!

By the by, I've moved! Come check out my new digs (and shed a tear at my farewell on Blogger). Let me know what you think!

http://yourneighborhoodreverend.wordpress.com/

(I have no ability to link with HTML...so sad).

-The Rev.

Anonymous said...

The last test I done I got 105% Neurotic. Life sucks.